Quick, easy and ready in minutes, this Peanut Butter Mug Cake is rich, moist and will satisfy your peanut butter craving. This delicious, low-sucrose cake is just the perfect size for a snack.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut or almond butter
- 1½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon milk (or Lactaid® milk, unsweetened almond or soy milk)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour and baking powder.
- Add egg, peanut or almond butter, coconut oil, honey, milk and vanilla, and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Fill into a large mug and microwave on high for about 2 ½ minutes. Start checking at about 2 minutes. Let sit for a couple minutes before eating.
Optionally top with crushed peanuts, almonds, pecans or walnuts.
Recipe modified from the original recipe by Kirbies Cravings
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.