Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Quick, easy and ready in minutes, this Peanut Butter Mug Cake is rich, moist and will satisfy your peanut butter craving. This delicious, low-sucrose cake is just the perfect size for a snack.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut or almond butter
- 1½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon milk (or Lactaid® milk, unsweetened almond or soy milk)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour and baking powder.
- Add egg, peanut or almond butter, coconut oil, honey, milk and vanilla, and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Fill into a large mug and microwave on high for about 2 ½ minutes. Start checking at about 2 minutes. Let sit for a couple minutes before eating.
Optionally top with crushed peanuts, almonds, pecans or walnuts.
Recipe modified from the original recipe by Kirbies Cravings