Spinach Zucchini Ravioli
Spinach Zucchini Ravioli is a low-carb, low-sucrose, low-starch version of a classic comfort food. They only require a few ingredients, and it is fun to fold the zucchini to make the ravioli. The next time you are having a party or want to dress up an evening with fun food, this recipe will do the trick.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ large onion, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Additional seasonings as desired for flavor
- 3-4 zucchini
- Tomato marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Slice zucchini very thin with peeler; set strips aside.
- In a medium skillet combine ground turkey, chopped fresh spinach, ½ large onion, 2 cloves of garlic and seasoning. Sauté until turkey is cooked all the way through.
- Assemble the ravioli using 4 zucchini strips and 2 tablespoons of turkey mixture.
- Wrap them up and place face down in baking dish.
- Top with marinara sauce and bake at 350° for approximately 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese if desired.
Recipe adapted from Las Vegas Photographer Cindy Larkin