Artichoke With Baked Brie Sauce
Rather than dip your artichoke leaves in butter, aioli or other sauce, bake a creamy, crunchy brie-spiked sauce right on top and let the goodness ooze all over.
It is a very easy recipe, but you have to make sure the brie you are using is top quality, otherwise it will not be as tasty. Use a lot of thyme and almonds for extra flavor and crunchiness!
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 2 large artichokes, top quarter and stems sliced off
- 3 ounces Brie, rind removed and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for the top
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced almonds, crushed into coarse crumbs with a rolling pin
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the artichokes for 10 minutes. Take them out of the water and let them drain well, upside down, in a colander.
- Put the brie in a small pot with the cream and let it melt on a low flame while constantly stirring.
- When the mix is smooth, turn off the heat and while stirring, add egg yolk, grated parmesan, thyme and crushed almonds.
- Preheat the broiler to low and position the rack close to the bottom of the oven.
- Fill the artichokes with the mix (it should cover the tops as well), sprinkle them with more grated parmesan and almonds, and place them standing head up in an oiled casserole dish.
- Put under the broiler and let them cook for about 10 minutes, checking often, or until the cheese turns into a golden crust.
Recipe from foodrepublic.com