Quiche is popular year-round and great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This delicious quiche is a low-carb, low-sucrose and low-starch recipe.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Squeeze the excess moisture from the thawed spinach. Rinse any dirt or debris from the mushrooms, then slice thinly. Mince the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper to a non-skillet spritzed lightly with non-stick spray (or a splash of cooking oil). Sauté the mushrooms and garlic until the mushrooms are soft and all of their moisture has evaporated away (5-7 minutes).
- Coat a 9-inch pie dish with non-stick spray. Place the squeeze-dried spinach in the bottom of the pie dish. Place the sautéed mushrooms on top of the spinach, followed by the crumbled feta.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and parmesan. Season lightly with pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and feta in the pie dish. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place the pie dish on a baking sheet for easy transfer in and out of the oven. Bake the crustless quiche for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown (ovens may vary). Cut into six slices and serve.
Recipe by Budget Bytes
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.