Eggs in Clouds
Meringue fans we’ve found your favorite new breakfast: Cloud Eggs, aka, Eggs in a Cloud.
Made by separating the yolk from the white, Cloud Eggs are currently sweeping Instagram. The meringue is soft and chewy and filled with parmesan cheese flavor, and the yolk is creamy and wonderful. You will be admired throughout your house as an egg magician.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a sturdy cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Separate eggs, putting the whites in a large mixing bowl and the yolks in separate little cups.
- Whip the whites at high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently stir in the cheese, then divide the whites into 4 “cloud” shapes on the baking sheet. Make a little well in the center of each cloud.
- Bake for 3 minutes, then slide the cookie sheet out and gently slip a yolk into each well. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Gently remove with a spatula and serve!
Recipe by Framed Cooks