Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
Chocolate, peanut butter and bacon all in one delicious low-carb and gluten-free cookie. There are several substitutions you can make. In place of the chunky peanut butter, you can use a thick almond butter and add a handful of your favorite nuts. If you can’t find a thicker almond butter, put the jar in the fridge overnight to harden before using. In place of the Swerve, you can use any natural sweetener or dextrose.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup chunky no sugar added peanut butter
- 1 cup granular Swerve sweetener
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cook bacon until crispy, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sweetener and egg. Mix until all ingredients are combined. I put on a pair of gloves and did this part by hand. The peanut butter was thick, and it just made it easier.
- To the mixture, add cocoa powder, vanilla extract and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Mix in bacon crumbles.
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Form dough into 12 equal sized balls, place on liner and flatten just a bit.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place baking sheet on a cooling rack. If you do not let the cookies cool thoroughly, they will fall apart.
Makes 12 Cookies
Recipe from Peace, Love and Low Carb