These turkey burgers will be the hit of your next cookout. They are low-sucrose, low-starch and without the bun, they make a perfect low-carb lunch.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 1 ¼ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped orange and/or red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion (as tolerated)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; shape into 6 burgers.
- Grill or broil until done.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Try serving burgers topped with Creamy Salsa. Simply combine ½ cup Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise with ½ cup chunky salsa.
Recipe adapted from Hellmann’s
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.