Healthy Tuna Stuffed Avocado
This Healthy Tuna Stuffed Avocado is filled with a flavorful southwest mixture of tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro. No mayo necessary here. It is the perfect healthy lunch.
Pro Tip: Buy solid albacore tuna packed in olive oil , rather than tuna packed in water.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 (4.5 ounces) can tuna, drained
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the “bowl” area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by TheStayAtHomeChef