This Healthy Tuna Stuffed Avocado is filled with a flavorful southwest mixture of tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro. No mayo necessary here. It is the perfect healthy lunch.
Pro Tip: Buy solid albacore tuna packed in olive oil , rather than tuna packed in water.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 (4.5 ounces) can tuna, drained
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the “bowl” area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by TheStayAtHomeChef
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.