Oven Baked Rutabaga Fries
Satisfy your French fries craving with healthy Oven Baked Rutabaga Fries. Rutabaga is a root vegetable that has less than a third of the carbs and less than half the calories of potatoes. Rutabaga also has a bigger hit of vitamins and minerals. Rutabagas are a low-sucrose vegetable.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 2 rutabagas (swede turnips)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Ariosto potato seasoning (or other mixed spices as tolerated)
- 1 teaspoon Ariosto chili garlic seasoning (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel the skin off the rutabaga and julienne it. Make sure you have a good sharp knife to cut the rutabaga.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, layer the julienned rutabaga and sprinkle with the olive oil and seasonings. Mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes so that they bake evenly.
- Once baked, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top. Serve with sugar-free tomato ketchup.
Recipe from The Novice Housewife