Friday, September 15th, 2017, Recipes
Mashed potatoes are hard to re-create, but this recipe does a pretty good job of curing anyone requiring a low-starch diet from their potato cravings.This dish is very versatile and would go well with just about any protein you serve alongside it.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 green onions or chives, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy horseradish (optional)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Over medium-high heat, steam cauliflower in a covered pot in 1-2 inches of water. Steam until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and leave the cauliflower in the hot pot, not on the burner. Leaving it in the hot pot helps pull some of the excess moisture from the cauliflower.
- Fork mash the cauliflower, add the rest of the ingredients, and mash until they are the consistency of mashed potatoes.
Recipe adapted from: Peace Love and Low Carb
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.