This Breakfast Burrito, full of protein and vegetables, gets you ready for the day. This burrito is dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, Paleo, nut-free, soy-free, and sugar-free.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- Sliced ham, medium thick, cured with dextrose, not sucrose. You may need more than one slice.
- 2 eggs (or egg whites)
- ¼ cup chopped, low-sucrose vegetables (spinach, black olives, bell pepper, tomato, etc.)
- Optional: Low-sucrose salsa, guacamole, cilantro
- Sauté the vegetables in a small bit of oil over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and pour over the vegetable mix.
- Using a spatula, scramble the mix until cooked through. Take the eggs out of the pan.
- Place the egg mixture in a piece of ham and roll it up around the scrambled eggs. Repeat as needed. Place back in the skillet. Grill for a few seconds on each side until the ham is slightly brown.
- Serve with low-sucrose salsa, guacamole, and a sprig of fresh cilantro on top.
Adapted from: SpoonfulofSugarfree