Friday, September 22nd, 2017, Recipes
This Breakfast Burrito, full of protein and vegetables, gets you ready for the day. This burrito is dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, Paleo, nut-free, soy-free, and sugar-free.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- Sliced ham, medium thick, cured with dextrose, not sucrose. You may need more than one slice.
- 2 eggs (or egg whites)
- ¼ cup chopped, low-sucrose vegetables (spinach, black olives, bell pepper, tomato, etc.)
- Optional: Low-sucrose salsa, guacamole, cilantro
- Sauté the vegetables in a small bit of oil over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and pour over the vegetable mix.
- Using a spatula, scramble the mix until cooked through. Take the eggs out of the pan.
- Place the egg mixture in a piece of ham and roll it up around the scrambled eggs. Repeat as needed. Place back in the skillet. Grill for a few seconds on each side until the ham is slightly brown.
- Serve with low-sucrose salsa, guacamole, and a sprig of fresh cilantro on top.
Adapted from: SpoonfulofSugarfree
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.