One-Pan, Lemon-Garlic Baked Salmon and Asparagus
There are fewer than 10 ingredients in this one-pan meal. Packed with healthy fats and protein from the perfectly flaked salmon plus an impressive fiber count from the greens, it is good for you and easy to make.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 4 to 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or sea salt flakes)
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 bunches asparagus (24 spears), woody ends removed
- 1 lemon, sliced to garnish
- ⅓ cup beans or any other greens
- Preheat oven broiler or grill to high heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange oven shelf to the second top shelf or about 8-inches from the heat element.
- Place the salmon on a large baking tray. Rub each fillet with the garlic and parsley to evenly coat. Pour lemon juice over the filets. Spray with a light coating of olive oil spray, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the asparagus and greens around the salmon in a single layer, and place the lemon slices over the top.
- Broil or grill for 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through to your liking. We find 8 minutes is perfect if the oven is hot.
- Serve with the asparagus and beans or any other greens.
Recipe from Café Delights