Friday, November 3rd, 2017, Recipes
Looking for a totally new, easy-to-prepare, savory waffle recipe? Skip the flour and make waffle omelets! Cook eggs and veggies on a waffle iron for a quick and easy breakfast. This recipe is great for using leftover vegetables, like onions, peppers, scallions, black olives, and mushrooms. Feel free to use any low-sucrose, low-starch vegetables you like. Just make sure to chop them in to small bites. When cooking the omelet in the waffle maker, ignore the timer and cook until the eggs are set.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 2 eggs (per omelet)
- Bell peppers (green, red, orange, yellow – your choice)
- Roma tomatoes
- Yellow onions (as tolerated)
- Any other low-sucrose, low-starch vegetables
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Wash and dice the vegetables.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, and add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk to eggs and whisk together.
- Mix in vegetables.
- Spray waffle maker lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add egg and vegetable mix to waffle maker, close the top, and cook until eggs are firm. Note: Do not pay attention to waffle maker timer.
- Serve with fresh, sliced tomatoes and top with shredded cheese if desired.
Recipe from Growing Up Gabel
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.