Friday, December 8th, 2017, Recipes
Chocolate Crackles are an easy dessert that will delight children and adults. Not only are crackles a traditional treat for kids, they are simple to make so your little helpers can get involved. These low-sucrose crackles are delicious and the perfect dessert for you or someone you know who has sucrose intolerance.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ stick butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 5¾ cups puffed rice
- Pour puffed rice into a large bowl.
- Place butter and honey in a small saucepan, and stir over low heat until melted.
- Stir in cocoa 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well.
- Pour chocolate mixture over puffed rice and mix well, ensuring puffed rice is evenly coated.
- Spoon mixture into patty tins or press into an 8-inch x 8-inch fudge pan. Allow to cool.
- Once cool, place in fridge for at least 1 hour to harden.
- Slice and serve.
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.