Breakfast Mexi Peppers
These stuffed Mexi peppers make a healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner and can be baked in the oven or the slow cooker. Here is a tip when preparing the peppers. If the bottoms of your peppers are a little uneven, make sure they are snug in the pan so they don’t move and the ingredients don’t spill. You can prop them up with little balls of tin foil if you have trouble filling them.
This is a low-sucrose, low-starch recipe. Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 4 ounces pork and beef chorizo
- 4 ounces ground beef (80% lean/20% fat)
- ½ cup chopped onions (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook chorizo until browned, stirring to break up lumps. Drain excess fat.
- Place chorizo and ground beef in mixing bowl and combine with the onion, cheese, and eggs.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and cut away ribs.
- Fill each pepper with one-quarter of the meat mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve hot.
Recipe from atkins.com
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.