Friday, January 12th, 2018, Recipes
Mornings can be a mad rush, and often breakfast is an afterthought. That’s why you might want to try these protein-packed egg cups. The simple recipes for these grab-and-go mini-omelets make enough for a week. Go for it and try all three versions: Power Protein, Southwestern, and Super Green Egg Cups. Store extras in the fridge, and reheat them in the microwave.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 16 large egg whites (2 cups)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste, optional)
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 3 ounces cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion (as tolerated)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
- Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Whisk to blend and set aside.
- Evenly divide turkey bacon, chicken, bell peppers, and onion among the prepared muffin cups.
- Evenly pour egg white mixture over turkey-bacon mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean and eggs are set.
Southwestern Egg Cups
For a Southwestern flavor, add jalapeños, black beans, and cheddar cheese for a flavorful breakfast.
Super Green Egg Cups
For eggs filled with green vegetables, use steamed broccoli, chopped green pepper, and raw spinach. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
Recipe from Beach Body
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.