Crock Pot, Low-Carb, Un-Stuffed Cabbage-Roll Soup
Crock Pot Un-Stuffed Cabbage Roll Soup is a hearty, low-carb meal you can make any weeknight. You may or may not be a cabbage fan, but this recipe might just win you over. This is one of those comforting meals on a cold day, and you can make it in your crock pot or just simmer it on the stove.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ large cabbage, sliced
- 1 16-ounce can sugar-free marinara sauce
- 5 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ head cauliflower, grated or riced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Then add in ground beef. Season generously with salt and pepper, parsley, oregano, and red pepper flakes, if using, and cook until browned on all sides.
- Using a large slotted spoon, transfer mixture to slow cooker. Then stir in marinara sauce beef broth, cabbage, and grated cauliflower. Mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours (or on low for 6 hours), or until cabbage is tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve hot and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Sugar-Free Mom
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.