Wednesday, February 14th, 2018, Recipes
If you ‘re looking for an easy, no-bake dessert, chocolate lasagna wins the prize. This layered dessert with crushed Oreos, cream cheese, sugar-free chocolate pudding, and Cool Whip is also a winner for a low-sucrose diet.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
2 boxes Sugar-Free Oreos
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
¼ cup dextrose
2 tablespoons cold milk
1 12-ounce container Cool Whip, divided
2 3.9-ounce packages chocolate, sugar-free, instant pudding
3¼ cups cold milk
1 cup sugar-free mini or regular chocolate chips
- Butter a 9-inch x 13-inch dish and set aside.
- Crush Oreos in a zip top bag with a rolling pin. Add melted butter into the bag and mix until combined. Press Oreo mixture into the bottom of the dish, and place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and dextrose. Mix until combined. Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip, then spread the mixture lightly over the crust. Place in the fridge for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chocolate pudding and cold milk. Whisk together until thick. Then spread over the top of the cream cheese layer. Place back in the fridge for another 5 to 10 minutes to allow pudding to set.
- Once pudding has set, spread remaining Cool Whip on the chocolate layer and top with chocolate chips. Place in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from: http://omgchocolatedesserts.com/chocolate-lasagna/
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.