Cauliflower, with its low-fat and carbohydrate and high vitamin C levels is becoming more and more popular. Not only can the vegetable, which is a type of cabbage in disguise, be boiled, it can be fried, steamed, pickled, eaten raw, and now even riced. It can also disguise itself as mashed potatoes or rice at the drop of a hat or the hint of an interesting recipe.
This creamy cauliflower dish made with the florets is a cinch to prepare. All you have to do is add the ingredients to your crockpot and let them cook for a few hours. Add the Pepper Jack cheese and top with the crispy bacon, and you have a delicious low-carb side dish the whole family will love.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crisp and crumbled
- Grease the inside of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the cauliflower, cream cheese, whipping cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add the Pepper Jack cheese and stir to combine. Continue to cook another 30 minutes to one hour, until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Add bacon crumbles and serve.
Recipe from ASweetLife
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.