Friday, November 9th, 2018, Recipes
What could be tastier than a one-dish combination of nutty, sweet-tasting cauliflower and rich cheddar cheese? The reason cauliflower – a superfood — has become such a popular go-to vegetable is because it is packed with nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. It is a very good source of choline, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus, and biotin. One ounce of cheddar cheese adds 7 to 8 grams of protein, so you have a powerhouse meal in a single dish.
And although this dish takes over three hours to cook, it only takes five minutes of prep time, especially if you pick up cauliflower flowerets instead of a whole head of cauliflower. Add a nice side salad to complement this recipe and wait for the “Wows” to follow. This low-sucrose dish is flavorful and is not your typical vegetable dish. The best part is that all you need to do is to put the ingredients into a crock pot, and let it cook for several hours.
Sucrose and starch tolerance vary. Individuals may need to modify the recipe to meet personal diet goals.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can condensed cheddar soup*
- 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- Grease the inside of a 3 to 4-quart crock pot.
- Place cauliflower florets in crock pot.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Place over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 3 to 3½ hours, depending on how tender you want the cauliflower.
The hyperlinks to other webpages that are provided in this article were checked for accuracy and appropriateness at the time this article was written. Sucroseintolerance.com does not continue to check these links to third-party webpages after an article is published, nor is sucroseintolerance.com responsible for the content of these third-party sites.